- .Tax Tribunal Appeals
- .HMRC Seized Goods
- .HMRC Inspections
- .Civil Investigations of Fraud and Disclosure
- .Conspiracy to Defraud
- .Excise Duty Fraud
- .HMRC Criminal Investigation
- .HMRC Interview Under Caution
- .HMRC Litigation – Bankruptcy or Winding Up Proceedings
- .HMRC Regulatory Advice
- .Involvement in Tax Avoidance Schemes
- .Non-payment of Income Tax
- .PAYE and Payroll Fraud
- .Research and Development Tax Fraud
- .Tax Credit Fraud
- .Tax Dispute Resolution
- .Tax Evasion and Penalties
- .Tax Investigation Criminal Proceedings
- .Tax Investigations
- .Tax Tribunal
- .VAT Compliance and Inspection
- .VAT Missing Trader Intra-Community Fraud (MTIC)
- .VAT Repayment Fraud
For more information get in touch with our team
Being suspected of smuggling means that contacting a solicitor is of top-level importance. DPP Business & Tax Solicitors has helped countless number of clients achieve success in smuggling cases and we can do the same for you today.
Have you been accused of smuggling?
If the police have suspected you of smuggling or if you have been made part of an HMRC smuggling inquiry, you need good legal support as soon as possible.
HMRC take a very aggressive stance in smuggling cases, and courts are handing out sentences of six years or more for anyone found guilty of smuggling offences.
However, it is also easy to be implicated in smuggling crimes without any understanding of the crime. Often, those who have planned the operation will involve innocent parties to carry out stages of the crime without their realising.
Smuggling and the law
Due to the seriousness of smuggling, it is likely that the investigation will include the Serious Organised Crime Agency. Sentencing for smuggling is handed down by the Crown Court, and the sentence itself will depend on a variety of factors, including:
- If the goods smuggled are drugs, their classification and street value
- Any outside influences i.e. gang relations
- The intention or purpose of the smuggling
We have years of experience in handling smuggling cases. Our experienced team of Business & Tax Solicitors are on hand to provide legal advice and counsel when needed, so contact us today.
When it comes to tax services, our solicitors have a reassuring amount of experience. We’ve been defending fraud cases for more than twenty years.
Additional resources are now being directed by HMRC to identify and tackle tax avoidance, tax evasion and organised criminal attacks on the system.