- .Tax Tribunal Appeals
- .HMRC Seized Goods
- .HMRC Inspections
- .Civil Investigations of Fraud and Disclosure
- .Conspiracy to Defraud
- .Excise Duty Fraud
- .HMRC Criminal Investigation
- .HMRC Interview Under Caution
- .HMRC Litigation – Bankruptcy or Winding Up Proceedings
- .HMRC Regulatory Advice
- .Involvement in Tax Avoidance Schemes
- .Non-payment of Income Tax
- .PAYE and Payroll Fraud
- .Research and Development Tax Fraud
- .Tax Credit Fraud
- .Tax Dispute Resolution
- .Tax Evasion and Penalties
- .Tax Investigation Criminal Proceedings
- .Tax Investigations
- .Tax Tribunal
- .VAT Compliance and Inspection
- .VAT Missing Trader Intra-Community Fraud (MTIC)
- .VAT Repayment Fraud
For more information get in touch with our team
Non-payment of Income Tax
If you’re accused of not paying your income tax, you may find yourself facing a HMRC investigation. These types of tax investigations can be damaging to the reputation of your business, as well as being a huge cause of stress to you and those closest to you.
There are many ways in which a person or business could be accused of not paying their income tax. These include, but are not limited to:
- Not filing your tax return.
- Claiming false reductions.
- Hiding assets or income.
- Transferring assets or income.
- Overstating deductions.
- Recording false entries.
- Misusing trusts
- Using more than one set of books.
For more serious cases of tax evasion involving more than £500,000 being owed, the investigation will be carried out by the HMRC Specialist Investigation Office.
Why choose DPP Business & Tax Solicitors?
Our Business & Tax Solicitors are dedicated to ensuring our clients get the justice they deserve, whilst being on hand to provide the professional legal advice that’s essential in cases like these.
Tax law can be a minefield, that’s why it’s essential to enlist the help of a solicitor who has years of experience in this field. For a confidential discussion about how DPP Business & Tax Solicitors can help you, contact a member of our expert team today.
When it comes to tax services, our solicitors have a reassuring amount of experience. We’ve been defending fraud cases for more than twenty years.
Additional resources are now being directed by HMRC to identify and tackle tax avoidance, tax evasion and organised criminal attacks on the system.