- .Tax Tribunal Appeals
- .HMRC Seized Goods
- .HMRC Inspections
- .Civil Investigations of Fraud and Disclosure
- .Conspiracy to Defraud
- .Excise Duty Fraud
- .HMRC Criminal Investigation
- .HMRC Interview Under Caution
- .HMRC Litigation – Bankruptcy or Winding Up Proceedings
- .HMRC Regulatory Advice
- .Involvement in Tax Avoidance Schemes
- .Non-payment of Income Tax
- .PAYE and Payroll Fraud
- .Research and Development Tax Fraud
- .Tax Credit Fraud
- .Tax Dispute Resolution
- .Tax Evasion and Penalties
- .Tax Investigation Criminal Proceedings
- .Tax Investigations
- .Tax Tribunal
- .VAT Compliance and Inspection
- .VAT Missing Trader Intra-Community Fraud (MTIC)
- .VAT Repayment Fraud
For more information get in touch with our team
HMRC Regulatory Advice
Due to our specialist skills and wealth of experience in dealing with HMRC, DPP Business & Tax can guide your business in respect of HMRC’s many policies and procedures. This will ensure your business is compliant with UK tax law, and will help to prevent any future HMRC investigation. If you are facing a HMRC investigation, our experienced tax experts are on hand to provide a quick and remedial service. We will deal with HMRC on your behalf whenever able, and will strive to rectify the situation as smoothly as possible.
We specialise in HMRC tax dispute resolution. We can handle the investigation for you directly, or we can provide specialist support service to your own accountant if you would prefer.
Among other matters, we provide advice and representation in relation to:
- VAT civil or criminal investigations, assessments, wrongdoing penalties and voluntary disclosures.
- Excise duties – Assessments
- Excise wrongdoing penalties
- Detained and seized goods
- Reviews and appeals
- WOWGR and Registered Consignee registrations (including preparation assistance for the HMRC business case)
- Excise warehouse and related applications
- Imposition of conditions upon arrivals
- Duty drawback claims
- Premises and movement guarantees
- Customs duties and assessments.
- Income tax and corporation tax
- Appeals to the Tribunal’s Tax Chamber against decisions made by HMRC
- Provide due diligence and registration advice to those business, which will be required to be registered under the Wholesalers of Alcohol Registration Scheme (AWRS), with effect from 1st January 2016.
- Due diligence on your suppliers, customers and other business partners, with preparation and implementation of anti-money laundering policies and procedures. We have advised global companies, such as The Carphone Warehouse, on their internal and commercial due diligence procedures.
- Money laundering regulations – Civil penalties, registrations and enquiries.
- High Value Dealer registrations.
- Due diligence with regard to your supply chain, in the light of HMRC’s Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (AWRS).
- Help restore any goods that have been seized or detained by HMRC.
- VAT / excise / customs duty assessments.
- VAT and excise wrongdoing penalties.
- Joint and several liability assessments.
Why choose DPP Business & Tax?
Here at DPP Business & Tax, we understand that large and small business taxes can be a minefield. That’s why our specialist tax lawyers can assist by providing you with bespoke tax advice and solutions. Our tax experts can offer tax planning advice, and have experience in negotiating with HMRC and appealing against their decisions at all levels.
As leading tax lawyers, we have assisted numerous businesses with HMRC visits and tax dispute resolutions, and have delivered successful results. Our dedicated tax experts will review your tax matters meticulously, in order to achieve the most successful outcome for your business.
Our experienced lawyers can advise you whether HMRC have followed the correct procedures and policies. Our tax experts have specialist knowledge in HMRC internal processes to successfully challenge HMRC decisions in the Tax Tribunals. We regularly work with accountants to ensure that collectively we are able to obtain the best possible resolution to your matter.
We have a strict procedure in place to ensure every tax dispute undergoes a thorough initial assessment. Typically we do the following:
- Assess your tax issues
- Gather all relevant documents needed for your tax matter
- Communicate with HMRC until they have reached a decision
- Complete all paperwork
- Review your tax matter before responding either to HMRC or the Tribunal and/or Court
- Manage the entire Litigation process
Our dedicated tax experts will help you reduce the risk exposed to your business by HMRC so that you can run/manage your business in the most efficient problem-free manner.
When it comes to tax services, our solicitors have a reassuring amount of experience. We’ve been defending fraud cases for more than twenty years.
Additional resources are now being directed by HMRC to identify and tackle tax avoidance, tax evasion and organised criminal attacks on the system.